View Full Version : Flash ROM missing

Falstaff
03-27-2004, 04:22 AM
Ok, I have a serious problem with my device. I went to the Remove Programs and got rid of PocketMusic (I was going to reinstall it in the default directory). It was installed on my Flash ROM. Then, when I closed the settings window, I noticed on Battery Bar, all of my programs that were installed in the Flash ROM had the default logo pictured. So I opened up File Explorer, and my device didn't see the Flash ROM. So I hard reset the device, I had been meaning to anyways. However, I still don't see the NAND. Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? This is a very serious problem. Thanks.

Janak Parekh
03-27-2004, 04:34 AM
You might have to call Toshiba on that one. :(

--janak

Falstaff
03-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm trying to look up my warranty info on their site. It asks for the Serial #, and, uhhhh, anyone know where that is on the e755? I found the model # easily. Thanks

Janak Parekh
03-27-2004, 05:14 AM
Perhaps under the battery?

On my e805, there's a product number and then a number beginning with Z below the barcode above the battery cavity. Not sure if that's the S/N, but I don't see it anywhere else.

--janak

Falstaff
03-27-2004, 05:47 AM
I just called Toshiba and got an RMA, they told me how to find the S/N. I don't know what I'll do without my PPC for 4 days though!

jimski
03-27-2004, 07:03 AM
I just called Toshiba and got an RMA, they told me how to find the S/N. I don't know what I'll do without my PPC for 4 days though!

You could kill some time by going out and looking at iPAQ's. :lol:

Kevin C. Tofel
03-27-2004, 03:03 PM

Luke....use the force, Luke....

Don't be lured by the dark side.....give the e805 a test drive for one of your 4 days! :wink:

KCT

Falstaff
03-27-2004, 10:30 PM

Unless HP decides that dual slots are a good thing, I don't think I'll be getting one of their devices. The 805 has everything I want now, except dual wireless, but I don't have money for a new PPC now, I just have to hope my device's repairs are covered under warrantee or that I can afford them.

Falstaff
03-28-2004, 01:13 AM
I just went to CompUSA to look at PDAs. The e805 is more beautiful than I imagined. :cry: That screen was incredible, I need to go back with a movie clip on a CF card (and a stylus, it's REALLY hard to use without one). I also looked at the 4155, but that felt and looked too small. The 4355 looked nice, and I could actually type pretty fast with that keyboard, but the curse of the single slot is upon that device. Looks like my next PDA will be a Toshiba (or maybe an Asus, have to wait and see).

Kevin C. Tofel
03-28-2004, 01:22 AM
That screen was incredible, I need to go back with a movie clip on a CF card (and a stylus, it's REALLY hard to use without one). I also looked at the 4155, but that felt and looked too small. The 4355 looked nice, and I could actually type pretty fast with that keyboard, but the curse of the single slot is upon that device. Looks like my next PDA will be a Toshiba (or maybe an Asus, have to wait and see).

With the ATI graphics chip and 2Mb decidated to video, I don't think you will be disappointed with a movie clip on the e805. It is a fairly expensive device....I accidentally broke my Axim x5, which had dual slots, and broke down to spend the $$$ for the e805. I puchased the Dell the week it came out and was very happy with it, but the e805 is light years ahead in terms of specs and capability. Hopefully, your Tosh will be covered by warranty, but if not, I'd give some serious consideration to the e805 if your budget can swing it!

Best of luck....
KCT

Falstaff
03-28-2004, 04:27 AM
I don't have any money right now to spend on a new PDA (just spent $70 on a CF card :? ). My guess would be that a driver or something got screwed up, so they will hopefully just have to flash the contents of the ROM over, however the 90-day OS warranty is up, but I don't know what that means exactly. I don't think I'm going to buy a VGA device without at least PPC2003 SE. And also, as a sidenote, opposite to everything people say about Toshiba support, the support guy was friendly, helpful, and I was only on hold for 1-2 minutes. And a 2-3 day turnaround doesn't sound bad either.

Falstaff
04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Well, I just got my PDA back today, and I'm very happy. That was a great experience with Toshiba. I mailed it out last Thursday and got it back today working like new. I called Toshiba once while it was at the repair center in CA and the guy on the phone gave me info on the progress and was very helpful. I'm so glad to have it back though, after spending hours each day staring at the empty cradle and dreaming about the wonderful time my PDA and I spent together...but...I'm sure everyone does that....

Kevin C. Tofel
04-06-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm sure your 755 will appreciate your dedication and faithfulness. The fact that you didn't cheat on your 755 says so much about the strength of your relationship! :wink:

KCT