View Full Version : PDA insurance?

coolium
03-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Do you guys know any company that offers PDA insurance? I searched for it and couldn't find any decent ones.

Thanks!

aaronmack
03-25-2004, 07:10 PM
well as an employee in the pda department of compusa (dont hate) you can buy our 2 yr replacement plan for 99 bucks (1yr for 69) and it covers basically anything that happens to the pda including theft. you can get that plan as long as the manufacturer's warranty isnt over (despite what the salesperson tells you). however, previously the replacement plan was handled in house, you got a pda from the store you went to with your broken pda. now its handled by a third party company (they send a pda, you send the broken one back, you then get a $20 gift card in the mail) so you will probably not get a newer model like you previously would under the other plan, they'll just send you the same model again. still good though because it covers theft

PetiteFlower
03-25-2004, 07:19 PM
It may be covered under your homeowners/renters policy, check with them on that. Mine is covered for replacement cost if it is lost, damaged, stolen, broken, even if it is my fault, minus my $100 deductible. Just like any of my other belongings.

JohnnyFlash
03-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Coolium,

You want Safeware, Inc. at www.safeware.com

They will insure your pda for less than $70 per year, and there is NO deductible, and NO depreciation.

The insurance covers everything EXCEPT mechanical breakdown/failure. It covers theft, fire flood, accidental damage, etc.

I have used them before, and can vouch for their professionalism.

Hope this helps!

Gremmie
03-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I use to love CompUSA's warrenty program, it was covered in-house and I got along with management so they were always generous with what they gave me in return for my broken PDA's. Now I'm not so sure since I can't talk to the people to determine what I'll get.

KenClunk
03-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Bestbuy has there plan for I think 39.99 for 3 years. It's a replacement plan not service so you get what you paid for it ,eve three years later, towards a new one. I have had three different pda's with the same $400 bucks. However that has to be bought within thirty days of original purchase.

I work at Statefarm though and you can have it insured through homeowners just as you would your jewelry or what have you. Make sure it is covered though as some plans exclude "Personal Eletronic Devices". Just check your insurance.