View Full Version : Guys, is there any way to see when last format of sd card happened on your ppc?

ale2999
03-25-2004, 05:00 AM
What the title says. I am at school and dont have a card reader handy. what happened is that my sd card has notin in there, my pda recognizes it, but is shows empty 8O It is gonna take me forever to get everything back to normal. What I suspect that happened is that one of my dumb friend accidently formatted it. is it possible for me to know when it was the last format? I am very sad today :(

Jason Dunn
03-25-2004, 05:40 AM
No, I don't think that's possible - files show a last modified date, but an entire flash card? I don't think it can show that...

Rememer that SD cards have a "lock" switch that will stop them from being altered - maybe next time lock if before letting your friend do anything to it. ;-)

ale2999
03-25-2004, 05:44 AM
thanks for the advise J.
the thing that makes me sad about it is that I am here at the university studying with no music whatsoever for my trip home :cry: and I will not have time to restate my card to its previous state untill the weekend, due to exams. :( I want my mum!

dhettel
03-25-2004, 08:14 AM
My guess is you card is showing the first signs of failing, rather than someone formatted it. One sign of failure that I know well is the card works great until you reach X number of MBs then poof, and everything is gone. Reformat it, scan it and everything checks out good. Then start to fill it up, and at 75% to 99% you hit a magic value and everything is gone again.

But then you know your friends better than I do.

ale2999
03-25-2004, 09:16 AM
I dont know, cuz I actually had around 200 sometin megs of stuff on it this week, while last I had 20 megs more than that. i dont know.

Steven Cedrone
03-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Well, my advice is too late to help you now, but...

I always make a backup of both my SD and CF cards, JIC...

Steve

ale2999
03-25-2004, 06:27 PM
THx Steve, I am going to backup my sd card too from now on and also write protect the carD! :)