View Full Version : Screen Protector..

rogue
03-24-2004, 06:14 AM
I cant get this damn Belkin things to go on without 100's of little white dots on the screen. Any tips for how to get these things on properly??

DigitalD
03-24-2004, 07:48 AM
I’d try to peel a very small amount away from the backing (about a quarter cm)
Now I recommend applying the overlay to the lower part of the screen first (why, because the eye spends less time at the bottom few mm’s) then line it real good so its not crooked and you have to peal it away to try again (it will always look bad in that case) now take the little plastic squeegee (or if one was not provide a credit card will do) and firmly but gently slowly run the protector on to the screen. Here its important work any air pockets by evenly peal back ever so slightly and then continue laying it down. Like all thing practice makes perfect. :wink:

After my fourth screen, I’ve gotten good enough that it look virtually flawless

BTW,

Fellows WriteRight screens are very clear with almost no loss in image quality, but marks from the stylus appear with VERY little pressure (and tap marks drive me nuts) :evil:

Belkin screens are just the opposite. They hold up to taps and transcribing, but they distort pixels not unlike an oil smuge on your monitor (but to a much lesser extent)