View Full Version : HP2215 to SE T616 sync question

mbranscum
03-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Can someone explain how to import names and addresses from a HP2215 PPC to a SE T616 via Bluetooth? I have the devices seeing each other and I can browse files on the 616.

Any help greatly appreaciated!

Sven Johannsen
03-24-2004, 05:10 AM
Not sure there is a way to do that. There is a BT PIM Sync profile that I don't think is supported on the iPAQ. It can sync with the PC over BT based on a serial profile and ActiveSync, so I think the PIM Sync is left out.

What I did (2215 and 4155 with t610) is to get a BT USB dongle for the PC (a Billionton) and it sync'd the T610 with Outlook on the PC using a PIM Sync profile. Since Outlook matched my PPCs, now the phone does too.

jimski
03-24-2004, 05:20 AM
Are you trying to sync individual names/numbers our your entire address book?

jimski
03-24-2004, 05:40 AM
I use Agenda Fusion as my PIM and I don't remember if this will work with the built-in PIM, but anyway.... after successfully bonding your PPC with the T616 (which I belive you already did) you can open Agenda Fusion contacts, tap and hold a selected record, select Add-ins and then select Send via Bluetooth.

Now if you want to send more than one contact at a time (just tried this and it works), select one record in Agenda Fusion Contacts and drag the stylus across all the records you want to send. Now tap and hold anywhere within the highlighed area, select Add-ins and then select Send via Bluetooth. All of the selected records will be sent to the T616.

With over 800 contacts I am not about to copy this list to my phone but it's nice to know that I can copy more than one at a time.

SHoTTa35
03-25-2004, 08:47 PM
with 800 contacts ( 8O ) yoiu don't need a PDA you need a personal secretary!!!! DAMN!!