View Full Version : Is there any way to use CF cards with the 19xx series?

Jude
03-23-2004, 06:11 PM
I plan to get a new iPaq soon and of all the models I really fancy the 1940 the most. However, I think it's a huge convenience and a really nifty feature to be able to view pics from my CF-based digital camera on my PDA. I think the 2210 is okay, but has its problems like the lack of a recording button (which I used a lot). If only it were possible to somehow hook up a CF card with the 1940 then I would have no qualms getting it. There's a PC card to CF adapter available, how about a CF to SD one? Or maybe I should think of a different brand and model of Pocket PC altogether? I'm coming off a 3850 with PC card sleeve and CF to PC card adapter.

Robb Bates
03-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I have a 2215 and I have mapped one of the front buttons to the record feature. Of course you could get one of those CF cards with a SD slot in it. Would that be considered a CF to SD adapter or a SD to CF adapter?

Robb

Jude
03-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Actually it's the lack of the record button on the side that makes me reluctant about the 2210, It's much more convenient when you have your PDA in your pocket to reach for a button on the side rather than the front. But that's just me.

A CF card with an SD slot is the opposite of what I mean. I'm thinking of an SD card that expands to a CF slot.

Sven Johannsen
03-24-2004, 05:02 AM
There are a couple of CF to SD adapters where the SD card fits entirely within the normal CF form factor. You could put that in your CF digital camera and move just the SD into the 1900 (or better still 4100) to view the pics.