View Full Version : Wireless Jornada 720

sketchman1956
03-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Hello all I am not here to rub it in but I have a HP Jotnada 720 that is connected via a Merlin G-100 wireless connection via T-mobile normally I do not endorse, reccommend or otherwise give free promotion to any large Corp. However, this is truly an exceptional device considering the fact that I paid nothing for the J720, I did pay for the card ($120.00 after tx.) $ 29.00 mo unlimited internet in fact I am writing thid post wireless. I tested the connection at just below a dial-up cennection and I am at thee beach in California. What can I say but finally I got it first I had a Palm, then Handspring, then View Sonic none could get me what I have w/ the J720.
Thanks & have a nice day.
Da-Sketchman :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
03-21-2004, 08:51 PM
The Jornada 720 is a very nice device. :) Not for everyone, but if you don't mind the larger formfactor and less software availability, it certainly does the trick. Congrats on your setup.

--janak

sketchman1956
03-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks, I understand what you mean on Software & theres an issue of Support all in all I do enjoy my J720, I think the fact that it is abit larger than most & smallet than some gives me what I need in portability because a Laptop is too large & a PDA is too small.
There is the OS that has me down because I don't understand why I can flash the BIOS & put BSD but I can't put Win CE 2002, 03.
I am strumming along and with all the resources available I am sure there is someone who is as eager as I to resolve this issue.
yea there are some short commings to the J720, However, the pros out weigh the cons.
Thanks again for the reply and I hope to hear from you again..