View Full Version : My 1st GPRS Post

Mitch D
03-20-2004, 11:27 PM
:D

Well after playing with my XDA for two days I have finally got my GPRS service working and I couldn't wait to make mt first wireless post.

Well I should say my first cellular post as I had done many a post from my X3i via wifi...

Sorry ... I am babbling...
:wink:

Jon Westfall
03-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Congratulations! I know how excited I was to post my first mobile post.

Jon.

surur
03-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Congrats..

XDA 1 or 2?

Surur

yvilla
03-21-2004, 03:34 AM
Yes, it's definitely a milestone. :lol:
I remember my first GPRS post well.

Mitch D
03-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Congrats..

XDA 1 or 2?

Surur

I am trying it out to see if I will use all the features as much as I think. If it becomes my right arm like my standard PDA/Cell combo. If it does then it will be replaced with either an XDA II, Compaq 6000 series or the new MPx.

So far I am liking it and I have got a feeling that my back account won't like me later this year when I decide what to do.

Jeff Rutledge
03-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey Mitch, are you using Rogers?

My Rogers has stopped working. The connection is fine, but I don't seem to be getting any DNS information. I've tried connecting with my iPAQ and Laptop via Bluetooth to my T68.

I'm hoping somebody here can shed some light. I'm not confident about calling Roger's support.

Mitch D
03-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey Mitch, are you using Rogers?

My Rogers has stopped working. The connection is fine, but I don't seem to be getting any DNS information. I've tried connecting with my iPAQ and Laptop via Bluetooth to my T68.

I'm hoping somebody here can shed some light. I'm not confident about calling Roger's support.

Actually Jeff I am connected through Fido for cell & gprs.

Jeff Rutledge
03-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought... :(

pdaided
03-22-2004, 03:16 AM
Congrats!

I'm waiting on the shoe to drop though. When I posted my first wireless post I got flamed for it by a moderator here.

I think everybody should be entitled to this luxury and a great big
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF WIRELESS!

pdaided

Mitch D
03-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Congrats!

I'm waiting on the shoe to drop though. When I posted my first wireless post I got flamed for it by a moderator here.

I think everybody should be entitled to this luxury and a great big
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF WIRELESS!

pdaided

Well I thought about it but I figured that the worse any of the mods could do was to shoot me :wink:

Thanks for the welcome.

Janak Parekh
03-22-2004, 04:54 AM
Well, we encourage people to start "useful" threads. ;) However, I think the mods in general have backed off on this for the "first wireless posts" because people have expressed such excitement. It was nothing personal. :)

--janak

Mitch D
03-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Well, we encourage people to start "useful" threads. ;) However, I think the mods in general have backed off on this for the "first wireless posts" because people have expressed such excitement. It was nothing personal. :)

--janak

Actually Janak I realized after the fact that the post might have been better off in the Off Topic area. But I was like a kid in the candy store... Just had to try it...