View Full Version : 4150 extended battery case

stonepro
03-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Help! My iPaq is making that horrible buzzing sound again -- which support identified as an infected LCD -- and then fixed it. I'm thinking dirt from my pockets must be getting in to it?...

I need a case!

I think it's time to get a nice Vaja (or anything else that's slim) -- but I'm using the extended battery -- which adds bulk at the back. Would a vaja still fit? -- any other cases might fit?

Help!

Thanks!

Zack Mahdavi
03-20-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure if a Vaja would fit the extended battery. However, there's a post at Brighthand about the new Sena case with an extended battery. It's not the best fit, but it looks like it works well.

Got mine today, only two days after ordering (I only paid for the standard shipping), and this case is top notch. Because of the magnetic closure, I like it better than the Vaja I had for my Tungsten|C. Only thing I wish they had included would be a cutout for the reset hole, though I generally use Tweaks 2K2 to do my soft resets anyway. The framing around the screen distorts when I cram the 4155 in with the high capacity battery, but I'm just happy that the distortion doesn't limit my access to any significant screen territory, nor does it prevent the case from easily closing. Syncing in the case with the hi-cap battery in is a snap! It just slides easily into the cradle and finds its own way onto the connector; for the first time I'm not annoyed w/ HP for not including guide rails in the cradle. I put up some pics here:

http://homepage.mac.com/asabet/sena...otoAlbum39.html

To be clear, all of the pics linked above are of my 4155 with the high-cap battery and corresponding battery cover installed. The Sena case is a much better fit without the extended battery, but I hate to be without the extra battery life.

Tavinho
03-21-2004, 11:10 PM
:lol:

Look no more. I'm own the original HP leather case (which is the same for iPAQ 2210). It has expansable sides and by design, it's really easier to get the PPC out than any other case I could have used (and believe me, I have owned a lot of them); and you could find it as cheap as $25 at some BB.