View Full Version : 4155: Sizes of battery and SDs, plus...

Fabiodovalle
03-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi, i just got my H4155 yesterday. Wow, amazing how small and fast.

My questions:
1- What is the max size of the SD card i can get? And the pros and cons on the different sizes and brands.

2- If i get the biggest battery for my Ipaq, will it make it bigger the overall size of the PDA?

3- What is the best screen protector for it? Case, one of those sheets or both?

4- I just heard that microsoft is coming with the new Pocket OS. Should i return my Ipaq and wait a little more?

Thanks a lot on any and all feedback!! :D

Pat Logsdon
03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi, i just got my H4155 yesterday. Wow, amazing how small and fast.
Congratulations! 8)

1- What is the max size of the SD card i can get? And the pros and cons on the different sizes and brands.
Any size card will work. Personally, I'd stay away from SanDisk, as they seem to they have a higher percentage of bad cards. However, many people use them without problems, and they ARE generally cheaper.

2- If i get the biggest battery for my Ipaq, will it make it bigger the overall size of the PDA?
Yes. The extended battery will stick out a few centimeters from the back of the iPaq. An alternative would be to just buy a second regular battery.

3- What is the best screen protector for it? Case, one of those sheets or both?
I always use PPCTech's WriteSHIELDs. They're generally considered to be the best of the lot.

4- I just heard that microsoft is coming with the new Pocket OS. Should i return my Ipaq and wait a little more?
From what I've heard, the new OS will be released to manufacturers sometime next week. That means it'll take at least a few months before we start seeing it available through supply channels. I'd just wait, and buy an upgrade CD when HP offers them.

__didi__
03-21-2004, 06:16 PM
The max size of the SD card is currently 1 GB.
I got it yesterday with my extended battery.
It's a Sandisk card and it is really fast. My other SD card is a Toshiba 512 MB and compared to the new one it's slow.
As far as I know Sandisk is the only company which sells 1 GB SD-Cards.
Rumors are that Lexar shows their own at CeBit. I'll check this out tomorrow in Hannover.

And yes, the extended battery makes the iPAQ thicker.
It adds about 4 to 5 mm.´

shawnc
03-21-2004, 06:28 PM
I agree with didi on the speed of the sandisk 1G sd card. It seems much faster than either my 512 or 128 sandisk sd cards. As you can probably tell, I'm one of those fortunate one's who have had no trouble with sandisk.

Also, Panasonic is releasing a 1G SD card in May. It will probably be slightly more expensive than the sandisk.

__didi__
03-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Yesterday I was at CeBit.
I saw a 1 GB SD card at the Toshiba, the Sandisk and the Lexar booth.
The Lexar Card was a 32x speed card (I saw no 60x speed with 1 GB capacity)

omikron.sk
03-24-2004, 08:32 PM
If you are looking for a reliable SD card, I would recommend a KingSton (I'm currently using one). It has a life warranty. KingSton SDs are (in speeds) slightly above the average and are barely a little bit more expensive thaqn the others.