View Full Version : Nokia 7700: a potential threat to the ipaq?

Trimac20
03-19-2004, 04:46 AM
Undoubtedly one of the most awaited of Nokia's releases for 2004 is the undeniably enviable Nokia 7700, planned to be Nokia's flagship smartphone. Although only (dissapointingly) planned to have 2.5G capabilities and as yet no camera, it is certainly going to make more than a few ripples. Sporting full stereo sound for playing MP3s.etc, an ultraclear 640 x 480 LCD screen, advanced multimedia capabilities.ete, voice recorder.etc it operates using a stylus like a pocket pc. And btw it runs the Symbian 9 OS system, which could be seen either as a positive or negative thing.
But you've probably already read this all before (and are in fevered anticipation). So I want to hear your opinion on the 7700, whether it could really replace an ipaq or Pocket PC phone edition (eg. compare it to 02 XDAIII, Treo) and its comparison to other smartphones. Of course it would all be speculation and perhaps this post would be more at home in a smartphone forum but I wanted to get a pocket PC perspective. No doubt I'm holding my breath for what would arguably be Nokia's best offering (and taking it beyond reputation (although admittantly the 7700 looks a bit 'toylike) for making cheap, plastic toys for teenagers.

Janak Parekh
03-20-2004, 03:20 AM
We talked about it the day after it came out:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19985

--janak

Kowalski
03-20-2004, 11:02 AM
i hate nokia phones.
they make devices mostly for kids.
pros go for ipaq

Darius Wey
03-20-2004, 03:34 PM