View Full Version : Got my iPaq fixed!

dmacburry2003
03-19-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey, just felt like posting about my iPaq. Its fixed!

I got it back from HP today, hard reset :( , so I've been playing with it all night. Lol, I also formatted my laptop, again :roll: , and I haven't any backup of anything much at all.

The repair cost $108. When I got it back today, it was shiny and looking new :D . It had all new casing, buttons; there wasn't a scratch on it. The power button seems to have more of a click now when I push it :) . I also think they replaced the battery, but I didn't really look at the numbers, or look at the thingy, I just wanted to use her :lol:

chunkymonkey75
03-19-2004, 04:40 AM
What did they fix on your iPaq? How long did they have it?

dmacburry2003
03-19-2004, 06:51 AM
My iPaq was beginning to degrade, slowly, slowly. There were scratches appearing all over the casing; logos were worn, the metal was loosing its shine, the D-pad was cracking, the battery door was a mess.

But not anymore :lol:

I think they sent me the return box last week... and I sent it in on maybe Thursday or Friday... So all together they've had it for about a week.

JustinGTP
03-19-2004, 11:56 PM
So $108 dollars for a cosmetic fix up? That's on your way to a new PPC!

dmacburry2003
03-20-2004, 12:44 AM
So $108 dollars for a cosmetic fix up? That's on your way to a new PPC!

Oh, I just love my little 1935. I love the form factor, the weight, the software... everything! I could get the 1945, but I really don't like it, and I could also get the new 4000 series... but thats like $400!

I'll just stay with my baby for now :lol:

Aerestis
03-20-2004, 04:25 AM
wow. 108? Well if you can afford that, that's cool. My palm is suffering terrible cosmetic damage as well as hardware damage, but I'm not nearly as happy with it as you are with your iPAQ, so I am just keeping my money for a new device. There is no way I would pay for repairs. I am considering giving the metal casing a 'brushed' look and just scratching it vertically with steel wool so all of the scratches sort of... disappear in a jungle of scratches. I have no respect for my device. Definitely not 108 dollars of respect anyhow :D

Zack Mahdavi
03-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Huh, I never realized companies did that. Have fun with your new looking iPaq!