View Full Version : is it just me but is mightysync this bad..

spawn_x
03-18-2004, 06:06 AM
i don't know what i can do to fix the issues but IMO mightysync sucks..

my issue is data transfer to/from the storage card.. and what happens is this... if i put in a card with data and sync. with my PC which has no data in that folder/storage card, it wipes everything off the storage card..

basically it doesn't have a good idea of what is "updated" and what's not, so it sees data and deletes it because there is nothing in the folder...

its pretty irritating because i really want to use the ipaq to sync my digicam card with the PC, but dang! the pictures get wiped...

help.. :(

spawn_x
03-18-2004, 11:22 PM
bump - anyone?

chunkymonkey75
03-19-2004, 12:29 AM
I used it only for about 10 minutes and had the same experiences. I finally gave up on it.

Sven Johannsen
03-19-2004, 05:15 AM
I don't even use the product, but I don't gather from the description that what you are trying to do is not what it is designed for.

It is designed, like AS to keep a folder on the PPC and one on the PC in sync. If you delete all the files out of one or the other, at the next sync it will delete them out of the sync'd location. If a file is changed on one device and not the other, based on change date/time info, the latest copy is written over the older copy. If you are adding files to a folder via a camera and then syncing to a PC folder that has been cleaned out, the result may not be what you expect. Isn't there some setting to always combine, or always copy in one direction?

In reality you'd be better off with a USB card reader to pull your pics off onto the PC. It'd be faster, and XP has some pretty good support for doing just that.