View Full Version : Seidio Sync/Charge Cable

jneely
03-18-2004, 04:24 AM
Wow. Big thumbs-up to the folks at Seidio for the nice sync/charge cable for my iPAQ 4155. And thanks to all those who recommended them in previous posts. I just got mine and I really like it.

I wasn't sure if I'd be too keen on the whole switch mechanism (to toggle between sync and charge), but it is executed brilliantly. Bright leds to indicate which mode and the pushbutton toggle feels real nice. And it works!!!

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SDCUIP38

FYI This separation of sync/charge is necessary on many of the recent PDAs because Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth can cause too much current to be drawn over the USB connection -- causing lots of ActiveSync errors and problems if you try to charge AND sync at the same time.

Zack Mahdavi
03-18-2004, 08:56 AM
I've been keeping an eye on this sync/charge cable. I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. I'm interested in buying the 8" model, but I don't understand why the 8-inch cable costs more ($19.95) than the 60-inch cable ($14.95)! hehehe... the little idiosyncrasies of life.. :D

Did you have a pleasant experience dealing with the company? How fast was shipping, etc?

Thanks jeff!

Dave Potter
03-18-2004, 04:27 PM
I got the same cable about 7-10 days ago and posted some observations in this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25528&highlight=seidio) thread.

I took it on it's first business trip earlier this week and it performed well charging and syncing my 4150 with my laptop. The 8" model also intrigued me - but I am not sure if it has the switch built into it - so, to be safe, I went with the longer cable.

Service with Seidio was excellent and shipping to Canada was reasonable time wise.

Zack Mahdavi
03-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Zipper.

jneely
03-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm very happy with the turn-around time -- I got it maybe 3 days after ordering, with standard shipping at that. Very responsive. No complaints.

The shorter cable may be more expensive due to our old friends supply and demand :-)