View Full Version : Pocket Informant Tasks Functionality With PI?

Zensbikeshop
03-18-2004, 12:56 AM
I've been tryin PI5 but find the calendar very slow on my 2210.

What I really want is a Tasks replacement rather than the whole PI package.

Can anybody reccomend a product that will give me enhanced Tasks fucntionality?

Thanks

ombu
03-18-2004, 01:34 AM
MabTasks (http://homepage1.nifty.com/mab/index_e.html), it's not perfect but might help, didn't try it with WM2003, yet.

HTH

jimski
03-18-2004, 07:20 AM
I tried PocketDay for a bit as a PIM replacement, specifically because the Task functionality was almost exactly what I was looking for, but the app did slow my machine down (admit I have not tried recent version).

That led me to Agenda Fusion which I think has a better Task screen than PI. The latest version of AF is actually pretty darn quick on my old and slow 5450 running 2002.

In my searches I have never found a good stand-alone Task replacement. I think the built-in Task app on a PPC is the absolute worst application ever created and I am really glad that I never have to look at it again.

Zensbikeshop
03-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks.

I thought I'd give Agenda Fusion a try and I'm very impressed.

I used to use it a very long time ago then went to PI - but PI5 seems so slow now.

I'd not tried AF because the screen shots on the Dev One site look terrible - just awful colours and too much info on each screen.

AF is actually very clean (the default colours are pretty terrible) when tweaked a bit and is very fast. The enhanced 'Today' screen is great and the Tasks seems to work for me so far.

May well register this.

Zensbikeshop
03-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Well I have registered it.

When I saw the $10 discount for PPCT subscribers and that I can get the upgrade to 6 I thought it was too good a deal to miss.

I am VERY impressed by AF.

Wish I'd found the backup feature before I did the ROM upgrade on my 2210!