View Full Version : Hey guys... How do you.... (Read ofr info..!)

shah
03-17-2004, 08:06 PM
How do you connect to the net..?

I have a 2210 with PPC 2003 and ADSL net access. Is there a way to connect to the net via the usb sync cable.... through the PC connection without having to get a mdoem.

Can i do the same with a USB Bluetooth dongle device stuck into my PC..?

Any recommendations on a blue tooth dongle in the UK.. i read many reviews and they are all mixed...! I usuallly purchase from Ebuyer.com

Many thanks guys.

Shah

JustinGTP
03-18-2004, 03:50 AM
Shah,

In ActiveSync, go to Options, and somewhere in there has an option "Allow Internet Passthrough" or something similar. Check that and now when you iPaq is in its cradle, you can go onto the internet. Not sure why you would, but, you can.

Regarding bluetooth, don't buy the 100m range because your ipaq can only go 10m so that is the farthest you can get away. It really isnt worth it as Bluetooth is unstable and drops all the time. Trust me, I have an ipaq 2210 with a bluetooth dongle for my PC. I have WiFi on my laptop and it is much better, maybe I want to investigate WiFi on my PPC.

Also, I would recommend a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle if that is the way you want to go. They are decent with the WIDCOMM drivers, they seem to be the best. Also, you can follow the bluetooth guides at Geekzone.

Oh, and it is much nicer when you put a real subject into the subject section, as many people dont like subject titles like yours and then they wont read it. Put like "Help getting internet with ipaq". Just a tip :wink:

-Justin

Trimac20
03-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Whenever I connect my Pocket PC to the cradle and the net is connected I can use the internet on my Pocket PC. It treats the USB connection as a LAN network. Although the only purpose I find it useful for is like an extra browsing window. I can see how bluetooth would be handy, as say you can be on your PC on the net, while someone else in the next room surfs the net on the Pocket PC. But if you have the cash, a Wi-Fi router is the way to go. I don't know if the 2210 has built-in Wi-Fi, if not just get a SD/CF Wi-Fi card.

JustinGTP
03-19-2004, 12:10 AM
The iPaq 2210/2215 does not come with WiFi, you can get an SD or CF card though. We have a WiFi network, and hell ya, I just take my laptop upstairs. The PDA is good for note taking and games on the go.

-Justin.