View Full Version : Quicksilver is out

ChristopherTD
03-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson, a sort of prequel to Cryptonomicon is now out as an e-book. Fictionwise have it on special for 100% Micropay rebate.

If you have been waiting for this - head on over there to snap up a copy. This morning I was reminded of one huge advantage ebooks have for commuters - the person sitting next to me was reading the printed Quicksilver, which must weigh a good 2kg, while my copy fitted in my pocket.

Jorgen
03-17-2004, 12:50 PM
A very reasonable price since it is DRM-protected so you are going to lose access to the book one day. Perhaps one should buy all three formats to find out which is gonna go first?

Jorgen

flooder
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
A very reasonable price since it is DRM-protected so you are going to lose access to the book one day. Perhaps one should buy all three formats to find out which is gonna go first?

Jorgen

Or you could buy it at palmdigitalmedia.com and be assured that the DRM will never expire.

ChristopherTD
03-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Fictionwise also sell Quicksilver in Palm format (for the record). You can pick your DRM poison...

Jorgen
03-26-2004, 04:59 PM

Jorgen

Or you could buy it at palmdigitalmedia.com and be assured that the DRM will never expire.

I like to have the freedom to one day buy for example a Linux PDA or a dedicated ebook-reader (E-ink may only support certain formats?), in which case the book would be lost for me. I have promised myself to stick to multiformat books from Fictionwise (and like), I can convert if need be.

But I am glad to see that Stephenson's books also come as ebooks and if one has to buy a DRM-encrypted books, one could live with the PDM format!

Jorgen