View Full Version : Winter in Ohio (Subtitled: Snow Day in Mid March)

Jon Westfall
03-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Well, Cleveland / Akron got sokked today with about 2 - 5 inches of snow. I was supposed to teach tonight, but instead got a nice day off suprise. How lovely! And I even feel younger - as what happened on January 27 (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23688) Didn't happen to me today! Today I am completely estatic!

Anyone else with bad weather this fine march day?

drop
03-16-2004, 05:45 PM
It is good that someone is happy :wink: .

I am still in shock despite all the forewarn about 6" of snow. Yesterday was so nice. What happened?

VanHlebar
03-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Yeah its still snowing here in Cincinnati. We got about 2-3 inches, which coming from Northern NY isn't bad at all, but the people just can't drive in this stuff down here. I had a guy actually pass me on a two lane road on my way into work today because I was stuck on a hill and couldn't move. Guess what, off the road he went :)

Anyway the kids are all off of school and no outdoor soccer practice for my son.

-Eric

Janak Parekh
03-16-2004, 06:09 PM
It's snowing right now in NYC (just started 2 hours ago, same storm, I believe). Unlike dadarkmcse, I'm working. It's not like 2-6 inches of snow would make any difference in whether or not I was. :|

--janak

David Prahl
03-16-2004, 07:42 PM
"Ah, ya whimps! Come up to da midwest one time and y'll gita real taste a whinter."
:mrgreen:

VanHlebar
03-16-2004, 07:47 PM
"Ah, ya whimps! Come up to da midwest one time and y'll gita real taste a whinter."

I lived my first 21 years in Carthage, NY which is about 20-25 miles south of Kingston, Ontario Canada. We get a ton of snow up there. :D I hated it and was very glad to move to Cincy.. the only problem is that for the most part the people down here can't handle the snow.

Something about not understanding that snow is slippery and you can't wait until you are at the stop sign to stop seems to baffle these people. :mrgreen:

Also the fact that the trucks don't start putting salt down until after it has snowed 2-3 inches doesn't help matters any either.

With that being said, I really would love 80F all year with not snow..

-Eric

Jon Westfall
03-16-2004, 09:29 PM

Nothing is ever good enough weather wise for you is it, David? I can just imagine your grandkids sitting around you one day hearing the story of how Grandpa had to shovel 900 inches of snow per hour while wearing a t-shirt and shorts because he wasn't a whimp... ;)

JonnoB
03-16-2004, 10:13 PM
mid 80's (F) here with a slight breeze. perfect

Janak Parekh
03-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Nothing is ever good enough weather wise for you is it, David? I can just imagine your grandkids sitting around you one day hearing the story of how Grandpa had to shovel 900 inches of snow per hour while wearing a t-shirt and shorts because he wasn't a whimp... ;)
Well-put. :mrgreen:

In the meantime, it's a blizzard outside. :|

--janak

David Prahl
03-16-2004, 11:57 PM

When the only thing that happens up here is weather you tend to complain about it out of boredom.

dean_shan
03-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Something about not understanding that snow is slippery and you can't wait until you are at the stop sign to stop seems to baffle these people. :mrgreen:

It's a mystery that will never be sloved. It happens every first snow (in the cities), people get in a ton of fender-benders.