View Full Version : HP2210 Activesync Using Bluetooth

matte
03-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi,
I have a HP2210 and I'm having trouble using activesync by bluetooth.
I think everything is set up ok except within the "Bluetooth Configuration Menu" on my desktop there is a check box called "Save Objects in Personal Information Manager". If I try and check the box I get an error message saying "No PIM application is available to save objects in."
(I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2002).

Any ideas??

Matt

ctitanic
03-16-2004, 04:17 PM
ASAIK the PIM included in our Pocket PC can't save objects but may be I'm wrong.

Sven Johannsen
03-16-2004, 09:03 PM
You may be going about it wrong. On the 2215 you just need to use the BT manager to set up an ActiveSync profile. It's one of the options under New.

On the desktop you need to go into your BT neighborhood, check the available profiles for the serial one and see what serial port it thinks it is. It is probably a right click and properties thing.

Then go to the AS communications page and enable AS over serial port and select the BT comm port #. (This won't break the USB or network, it justs adds serial)

Then when you click the ActiveSync with 'your computer name' on the 2215, it will see it as connecting via a serial port on the desktop.

Somewhere in there you may be prompted for a PIN n both devices. They just need to match.

JonnoB
03-16-2004, 10:10 PM
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449

The best source on Bluetooth and Activesync that I know of.