View Full Version : Pocket ICQ installation problems???

nicky
03-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Hello there, I got my ipaq 4150 a month or 2 ago and today I decided I should give ICQ a shot on my beautiful device.

I downloaded the pocket pc icq version 1.0 from icq.com. After installing on the desktop, it tries to activesync install as per usual, but it fails with this message:

"Cannot copy the destination file. Make sure the diskon the mobile device is not full or write protected, and that all setup programs on the device are completed" :cry:

Installing other type of programs still works, there are still a good 30+ meg spare on the ipaq, I even tried softresetting it, still no go :(

Anyone with simular case or ideas?

Thank you.

powder2000
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
I would first check to see if it was partially installed on my ppc. Go to settings/remove programs and see if it is there. If you ever have problems installing via activesync, you can go around this. To do this, on your main computer, go to program files/microsoft activesync/ICQ(or whatever the program is)...... You should see the .cab file here. Copy this file to your ppc through activesync-explore. Place the file in the my documents folder. Once there, tap the file and it should install. Let us know if that doesn't help.

One thing to make sure when grabing that .cab file is that some programs are made for older ppc's. Nowadays, most are only made for arm-based processors, so you should only see one .cab file.

nicky
03-12-2004, 05:28 PM
thank you powder2000.

I had to copy the cab file over and it worked!

dunno whats wrong with the msg though.