View Full Version : Backing up a card

delfuhd
03-11-2004, 08:42 PM
I back up my ipaq mostly everyday, but the sprite backup included with my 2215 and the backup program on Activesync doesnt give options to backup my sd/cf card.. Is there any software that can do this? Just in case, ya know, my cards pooped out (which hasnt happened once in the 1 1/2 years ive had them..) but you can never be too careful

Raynne
03-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Sprite Backup Premium edition will backup your CF Cards. Or you could just get a card reader, and copy and paste the image of your card to your desktop.

Jacob
03-11-2004, 08:50 PM
You don't need a card reader.. you can copy the files through activesync. It will be slower than a card reader though.

arnage2
03-11-2004, 11:06 PM
do what i do, copy the files from the card onto a folder on you pc. (its free and simple)

delfuhd
03-12-2004, 12:23 AM
thats what i do now. Except for some reason I cant find the files that i put into a folder that i copy from my cards. the first folder shows up, but the rest of them are pasted somehwere but i cant find them (they arent in the folder i pasted them to) so I hacve to do each folder seperately..

and yes, its sloww... i was just seeing my options, i just reformatted my sd card (just for yucks) and used the evaluation version of flash format, but i guess you can do it with a card reader too, im thinking of purchasing one... im just thinking of preventing the loss of data if my card(s) were formatted accidentally...

tanalasta
03-12-2004, 03:11 AM
Yes Sprite's Premium backup edition will backup the SD card but when it contains 100MB of material - it is dreadfully slow and I've crashed my device more times attempting to do it than i haven't.

The easiest and fastest way is to use a card-reader to transfer the entirety of the card contents over. If you regularly write/delete large files (e.g. mp3's, picture albums) over then it's well worth the cost. I really wouldn't be bothered using activesync to transfer files over - it'd take all day.

Steven Cedrone
03-12-2004, 04:44 AM
I'll chime in here: a card reader is the way to go! :wink:

Steve

Cortex
03-12-2004, 10:49 PM
ive tried copying over my sd card contents via my sd card reader but some of the folders, particularly if they are deeply nested, will not copy over. (i have one in particular with about 30 subfolders...) very frustrating when i need to restore.

do other people have this problem?

Cortex
03-12-2004, 11:01 PM
This is FREE after rebates....

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=345834