View Full Version : Samsung S105...sync phonebooks?

Oeryk
03-11-2004, 12:12 AM
I have an iPAQ 2215 and a Samsung S105. All I want to do is sync my contacts in the PPC with my phonebook in the S105. Sounds simple enough. I know HOW to do it, but it never works.

I activate IrDA on the phone, select the file to beam and the PPC even SEES the SGH-S105. It FAILS to transfer every time. After a while, the IrDA turns off on the phone.

Is there a driver I need or something? Is the phone using some form of IrDA that my PPC is not? Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance!

Oeryk
03-13-2004, 05:10 AM
Perhaps it is a common problem and not just for my particular phone? Has anyone experienced any problems like this?

Thanks for ANY help you can give! :D

JubyPete
04-05-2004, 11:59 PM
the IR port on the s100/s105/s300/s307 are *not* fully compliant IR ports. they are only for data connections to computers for using the phone as a modem. it can not be used to send data back and forth between other IR devices. it was a poor implementation by samsung to an otherwise incredible phone.

Oeryk
04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Well, now, that explains it all. :evil:

Thank you so very much for the answer! You are right, it is a great phone. I love it other than not being able to sync my many contacts. I have wasted a great deal of time trying to do this. Now I know that it is a lost cause. Thanks again!

I also see that this was your first post here. It is nice of you to take the time to register and answer my questions. This is a great board. I have not posted much, but I browse the boards often. Welcome!

JubyPete
04-06-2004, 04:10 PM
one other thing...
i haven't tried it yet (i want to)

but your samsung should've come with a datacable that hooks up to a pc serial port. that has an address book built into it (for keeping backups). maybe you can export contacts from there to outlook. i'm gonna check this out soon, but won't have time this week, sorry.