View Full Version : ipaq file store problem... help please

wizardmaster2k
03-10-2004, 11:00 PM
hello, i was making a back up of my ppc and it was being saved in the ipaq file store (ipaq 1945) it kinda locked up half way through and i had to soft reset. when i went to the ipaq file store, there were no files (i clicked show all files and have all files shown on my desktop) and there is still nothing there. in the memory section, it says there is 7.5mb being used in there.

how do i format that area or just erase the file in there that i cant see.....

Ripper014
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
First of all... it is unlikely that you can use the FileStore to retain your backups... the size of the FileStore is just to small... it is better used for small important files... such as a wallet and such...

As for recovering the space... I am not sure but I have heard of problems with the Hp1945 FileStore getting corrupted... you could always try to reformat it...

wizardmaster2k
03-11-2004, 12:07 AM
well, my backups arent too big so it is alright to use this space for them. how would i go about formatting this file store space?

Chris Spera
03-11-2004, 12:27 AM
You might want to try Storage Tools from SoftWinter, Resco File Explorer 5.x, or any other Storage Card utility that also formats the card...

I would try StorageTools as they also have a "let's fix the broken storage card" function built into the app. It is the Norton Disk Doctor of Pocket PC's...

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

wizardmaster2k
03-11-2004, 12:43 AM
great, thanks. i used resco and formatted the area. all better now.