View Full Version : Gonna take the plunge today..

dazcox5181
03-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Well ive been looking for the last week for help deciding whether to get an XDA II to replace my 5450, and today i'm gonna be ordering it. Cant bear to part with the 54, so it will live on for gps/nevo - can always let my wife have it instead of tne 3970 i gave her when i got the 54...
Any one have any advice for an XDA newbie(will be on O2 in uk) also it means my t-mobile t610 is going, so my pockets are a bit lighter so iam curious how many devices you guys all carry?

Pony99CA
03-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Any one have any advice for an XDA newbie(will be on O2 in uk) also it means my t-mobile t610 is going, so my pockets are a bit lighter so iam curious how many devices you guys all carry?
Assuming you mean major electronic devices, I carry an iPAQ 5550 and an LG VX6000 camera phone, so I voted for two.

If you count other electronic devices, I also carry a Belkin Quadra pen/stylus/laser pointer/LED flashlight and my Mustang's remote control. If you count mechanical devices, then add two Victorinox Swiss Army knives and a few smaller things.

I used to take my Canon Digital Elph with me many places, but not so much since I got the camera phone.

If you really want to see what I carry, read the start of my Infiniter XP II (http://www.svpocketpc.com/reviews/infiniterxp2/InfiniterXP2.html) review.

Steve

Mitch D
03-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Right now I carry my Axim X3i and a Samsung A540 cell phone on a regular basis but I am awaiting the arrival of a XDA I bought on ebay to see if I can live with just one device. I am actually looking forward to getting my new toy, Should make life easier to have just one device on my belt everyday instead of two...

Kadegboye
03-12-2004, 03:27 AM
I carry only one device - the XDA II. I used to carry two devices - HP Jornada 568 and one cell phone during which time I was on the internet everyday waiting for XDA II to be released. As soon as it was released, I was happy to carry only one device. The phone function is excellent - I can use it in nearly all countries. The PC function is very good - internet at your fingertips, all my medical programs (I am a surgeon) are accessible anywhere any time. If I have time to relax, I can access my favorite music which I have recorded on a 256MB SDIO card. For fun too, you can take photographs of whatever you want as long as it is legal. The function is endless. It is a good device!
Kay.