View Full Version : ActiveSync Problems

Catfish2939
03-10-2004, 01:57 AM
I have never had a problem with my AS before, but I got a new computer at work and when I tryed to sync with it, I could only sync as guest. I have deleted the old relationships with no luck. Device simply fails to sync and disconnects. The only way I can re-connect is unplug the device and start over. Device will not recognize the link to the pc even when asked to connect until I unplug and reconnect the cable.
I have tried soft reset and hard reset and then restore with no luck. I would love to hard reset and start over, but I don't know how to save my contacts. I wish I could start fresh with a reset and somehow import my contacts back into the PPC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Robert

swalthes
03-15-2004, 05:20 PM
You are using the newest version of AS (3.7.1), correct?

Catfish2939
03-16-2004, 03:21 AM
Yes,

On microsoft's website it says to soft boot the PPC and try again. It did not work. Even though I tell active sync not to sync anything it still says sync error and disconnects, never to connect again until I disconnect the cable and reconnect it.

PetiteFlower
03-16-2004, 06:54 AM
I think a clean hard reset is your only option here. Sync your contacts with outlook, that will save them. then after you do the hard reset, sync and they should be back where they belong.

swalthes
03-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Can you sync the device w/ another machine somewhere, like at home? This will back-up your latest data set. Then do the hard reset and resync w/ the other (non-work) machine. Finally, try reinstalling AS on the work machine and then do a sync.

If you don't have the option of another machine, but you have an SD card or a CF card, you can go to Start> Programs> Data Back Up. Run the back up using the "Back up PIM databases only". When you back up, have it place the back up on your removeable memory card. That way you can do a hard reset and then run the data restore option and re-import your PIM info.

FYI: I have a Win2K machine that took a reinstall of Windows to get it to sync. Hopefully, it won't take that.

Catfish2939
03-18-2004, 02:13 AM
I think that save pim database only option will work. I can move all my word documents to a separate folder. I can sync as quest. I should be able to save both on my sdcard and place a backup on the pc.

Once I get the pim data backed up, I can perform a hard reset on the pocket PC and re-image the PC and be able to start over. Then I will choose sync to only one PC. and should be back in business.

Hopefully it will work.

Thanks

rsdoak
08-25-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm having problems w/activesync 3.7.1; Outlook 2003 premium edition, Windows XP. None of the Outlook features sync, everything else does.

All help is GREATLY appreciated.