View Full Version : Need iPAQ 5450 ROM Upgrade to PocketPC 2003

PCAKen
03-09-2004, 03:56 PM
I have a 5450 ROM version 1.00.45 that qualifies for the free upgrade from HP to PPC2003 (Windows Mobile blah blah blah).

Anyway, in order to use my device with our new Exchange 2003 server it has to be upgraded otherwise SSL is required to server sync.

So I go to HP to try and get the upgrade to find out that they have been on back-order for almost a month and that the next shipment "might" arrive at the end of March, no gaurantees, but send HP the $$$ and I "might" get it eventually.

Talk about shoddy customer service. It should be as simple as me entering the serial number off my device on a form on HP's site, them verifying that I qualify by serial number and that I haven't received the upgrade previously, and then charging my credit card if applicable (not in this case) then redirecting me to a file to download so I can upgrade my device.

Anyway, I know others out there must have the 5450 upgrade CD so I'm hoping that I can borrow a copy to upgrade my device, or perhaps download the files necessary to do so. I'm not asking anyone to do anything illegal, just asking for some help in getting my device upgraded otherwise it's going to go in file 13 and I'll be forced to switch to a Toshiba PPC2003 device instead.

I'd like to keep the iPAQ but HP isn't making it easy for me to do so! Can anyone help me out? You can reach me via email at [email protected]

Thanks in Advance!