View Full Version : Wireless Lan with Terminal ServicesClient IPAQ5555

Radhak
03-08-2004, 11:22 PM
I have a strange case with IPaq 5555 running Pocket PC 2003.

I am trying to run Terminal services Client using the Wireless lan on this PDA connecting to an intranet.

I simply cannot get it going. Even thogh I am able to ping the required server, which is what I am trying connect using the Terminal service.

I have a 5450 with Pocket PC 2002 and Terminal services Client downloaded from the Microsoft website and installed. It works fine.

I would appreciate if some one could enlighten me on this as I need to know the reason and the remedy for it soon.

Anthony Caruana
03-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi there

A couple of questions so that we might be able to help you

1 - What OS is the machine you are connecting to?

2 - Does the machine you are connecting to have an account with a password?

Thanks

Radhak
03-09-2004, 06:05 AM
I am connecting to Win 2K server.

I do not even get the logon screen in order for me to log on.

JonnoB
03-09-2004, 06:19 AM
Is your wireless lan on a different subnet from your Win2k server? Sometimes, although you can ping an IP address, there may be a firewall or other filter between your wireless network and the network where your server is running. Cradle your Pocket PC into a machine that is connected to the same network as your server and see if you can connect with the terminal server that way.

Anthony Caruana
03-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I do not even get the logon screen in order for me to log on.

If the machine you are connecting to does not have an account with a password you won't get the login prompt.

Radhak
03-10-2004, 03:52 AM
Every one is missing the important point here. I am able to do the same thing on IPAQ 5450 running Pocket PC 2002 with Terminal services Cliennt downloaded from Microsoft web site installed. I can ping getthe screen and even log in to the server via TS Client.

I am only trying to do the same with a IPAQ 5555 running Pocket PC 2003 and TS client already installed (part of PPC 2003).

This is what baffles me.

JonnoB
03-10-2004, 04:16 AM
This is what baffles me.

well then, it baffles me too!

mberry
03-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Is your server set up with TS in remote management or as a licensed terminal server (in application mode)?
Had a similar issue with two server i maintain, my device could connect to one server in remote management mode but couldnt with the other running in app mode.
Using resco explorer (or other utility with a registry editor) i found and deleted the "mslicensing" subfolder and key and that solved my issue (dont worry it recreates itself upon a successful logon, only with a new valid key).
You could also check the event log on the server in question to see if you are even getting a remote connection status and bombing out after it connects... or.... check your licensing server (if running in app mode) and see if your out of licenses.
Just my thoughts.