View Full Version : Surfing Net thru laptop using phone???

q-live
03-06-2004, 09:53 PM
I want to use my pocket pc phone and its internet to surf my laptop thru // i heard somebody say i can use it and sign up thru like a verizon or bellsouth if u have them as your internet provider for your computer but since i am payin monthly to surf thru my phone i want to use that and not another provider..... can anyone step me thru this process ???????

Janak Parekh
03-07-2004, 12:13 AM
First of all, which Pocket PC Phone do you have? If it's the original Pocket PC Phone Edition (as in the one T-Mobile sold), it doesn't officially support modem operation. XDA developers (http://xda-developers.com/) has workarounds, however.

--janak

arnage2
03-07-2004, 12:50 AM
i think the xda2 with bt can.

q-live
03-07-2004, 07:27 AM
who is that phone made for??? it looks like tmobiles...... so what software can i use to hook this all up????

q-live
03-18-2004, 08:54 AM
i found some insturctions on how to " SO CALLED " do it but when i tried it it didnt work..... in fact when active sync was connected to phone it the phone itself wouldnt log into the internet...... can somebody please help.... i no i am not the only person thats tryin to surf on his laptop using gprs on his phone

Jon Westfall
03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
the software you need is called wireless modem. and is built in the operating system on windows mobile 2003. if you have an SX56 or
tmobile pocket pc with 2002, download the upgrade to get this program. Then take a look at the various tutorials online on the subject (see my website).

q-live
03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
yea i have pocket pc2002 wit tmobile but their update aint workin so i didnt dl it..... also i heard theres a way to do it thru 2002....... so whats your website with the tutorials??????

jcsickz
03-19-2004, 01:18 AM
the software you need is called wireless modem. and is built in the operating system on windows mobile 2003. if you have an SX56 or
tmobile pocket pc with 2002, download the upgrade to get this program. Then take a look at the various tutorials online on the subject (see my website).

I have the tmobile 2003 upgrade (from their site) and the wireless modem program is simply not on it. I just checked under start->programs as well as manually with file explorer

Jon Westfall
03-19-2004, 02:11 AM
I was under the impression that T-mobile would be including it, as other WM2003 releases had. Try a special edition ROM from xda-developers. There is NO way to do what you are asking using ppc2002 from T-Mobile. The information on their site asking you to download special software from them is NOT for this model phone, eventhough you may have found it through some oddball links.

And my site would be accessed through the link in my signature.

Jon.