View Full Version : How much are you willing to spend!

rzanology
03-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Is there a real limit that are we willing to stop at? As long as i have a job i aint stopping!!! I remember paying $750 + over night shipping for my 3970. And i loved it still the day i put it back in the box. When i bought my 2215, i had a bit of guilt running around inside me. I remember thinking to myself, "damn...only $400 huh. Thats kind of cheap...now every one else will be able to get one and i will no longer be the gadget king :(. Can it really be as good as the 3970? its much cheaper....) But, it turned out to be a good buy.
If you ask me...hp needs to pimp these things out. Why can't we get the form factor of the new 4100 serious, the dual slot of the 2200 serious and the screens of the 3900 serious all in one!!!!! Money is no object hp!!! I think we all proved that when we got the 3900 serious!

The Yaz
03-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately, you are dealing with an economic model in which PocketPC manufacturers are not willing to offer more than the spec models they have created as part of their sales campaign. I don't believe there are enough pda sales to justify customization.

If anyone could offer it, I would think Dell could make it work. They already give basic and advanced models as choices within their platforms. But I think if they had more flexability at the building level it would be possible to alter the pda's features (more ram/vga screen/extended battery/different colored exterioir).

You would be paying significantly more for the pda (to offset the added labor/time charge), but the pda would be personal and unlike anything anyone else would have.

The biggest problem to implementing this is whether it is worth Dell (or any manufacturer's) time and effort considering the small margins in the marketplace.

Steve 8)

dh
03-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Here's the PPC I would be prepared to pay up for.......

Ipaq 3970 Form Factor
256 MB RAM
CF & SD slots
4 inch VGA Screen
BT & WiFi
CDMA chipset
Graphic chip to handle the big screen
USB connector.

I would use this a lot each and every day and would willingly pay up to about 8 or 9 hundred for such a device. :D

Eraserhead
03-06-2004, 12:37 AM
I would pay 600$ for this:

5" 800X600 Screen
128 MB Ram
64 MB Rom
8MB Graphich ship
5GB HD
Bluetooth, Wifi and E-GPRS
Dual SD
The formfactor of the OQO with the keyboard but thinner
less than 250gr