View Full Version : Bluetooth Cars ??

mashtim
03-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I recently found out that I have to get a new car soon so I'm doing a little research.
Anyway, I saw that the Acura TL has a fairly good bluetooth implementation and was wondering if anyone knew of any other cars that have some sort of bluetooth in them. Also, if anyone has had any experiences with these cars, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your responses!

Pat Logsdon
03-05-2004, 07:39 PM
The 2004 Toyota Prius has bluetooth (http://www.toyota.com/html/bluetooth/index.html). I don't have one, but all of the techno-goodies are making me rethink my plans to buy another VW... :mrgreen:

Sven Johannsen
03-06-2004, 05:03 AM
I got the SonyEricsson. It works pretty well and is a great addition to my collection of toys. Not sure if I'll be the winner when I die, but I'll be in the running.

Seriously, I got a Jeep Liberty and they have a system called U-Connect which is an add-in BT capability for a hands-free phone. I am very happy with it, though I have only had it for a couple of weeks. If I leave the BT on on my t610, it just picks the phone up when I start the car. It mutes the radio when the phone is active. It has a 32 name, with four number per name memory, or you can dial by just saying the numbers. It is of course voice driven. You push the one button, positioned perfectly for the driver and it prompts you verbally for your desire. It doesn't seem to let you dial using the voice tags you have stored on your phone, like a headset would.

I think it is available on Chrysler products, but I'm not positive on that. It was a $300 hit, but I find it worth it. It is just super convenient.

Zack Mahdavi
03-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Weird, I posted a similar post a couple hours later on the Just Chattin forum!

I really like the Acura TL and its implementation...

As far as other cars, I know that the Chrysler Pacifica, Saab 93, Lexus LS, and BMW 5 and 7 series have bluetooth or offer them as an option. I'm sure there's others.

I'm also looking for feedback from others. I like how the Acura TL displays your reception, current call time, and any other useful information right on the dashboard. That's just awesome. Besides that, I've always loved Acuras. They're solidly built and very powerful sports sedans.

mashtim
03-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Just a little update for anyone who is following this thread:
the Toyota Land Cruiser also has a BT inmplementation. There also is a rumour that the Mini will have some sort of BT, as well.

I'll update the list as I come across more!

Zack Mahdavi
03-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Good idea Mashtim..

I read on Autospies that newly redesigned 2005 BMW 3 series will feature a "working, stable" implementation of Bluetooth. The current 3 series features it as an option, I think, but supposedly the implementation is horrible.

omikron.sk
03-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Is it possible to tweak a car via BT? Upload new firmwares etc.? :wink:

Zack Mahdavi
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Is it possible to tweak a car via BT? Upload new firmwares etc.? :wink:

Well, I read a report that you can buy "engine upgrades" for the new Acura TL. Just install it using bluetooth, and *bam*, your 270 hp engine just got an extra 30 horses!

:twak:

wjlyerly
03-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Along with BMW's, Mini Cooper's also have a bluetooth option that has just become available.

pgm
04-01-2004, 03:33 AM
over in the UK, they have introduced a law that made it illegal to hold a mobile phone or use a PDA while driving....

so, Daimler Chrysler/Mercedes and mobile phone mfg Orange have teamed together to create a new version of the SMART car...w/bluetooth 8)
in the near future Mercedes are going to start selling the SMART car in Canada and it would be great for blue tooth to be available :D