View Full Version : Unsubstantiated Tek-N-Toys allegations

Ben Stark
03-05-2004, 04:27 AM
I'm a regular reader; simply never taken to post. And no, I'm not here to stir up trouble. As a retailer for more than 17 years, I feel compelled to speak out against businesses that operate poorly. I'd suggest that rather than than being defensive, you open your eyes to you're affiliate partner's less than mediocre business practice.
Let's start with honesty. Several months ago when the SPV-E200 was released, I spoke directly with a TT representative who told me they were waiting on UPS to deliver that afternoon. Weeks later, no inventory. And no return call or email as to when to expect my order to be fullfilled.
Continuing on that same theme, I inquired about purchasing an iMate Smartphone 2 just last week. "Yes, we have 1 in stock." I confirmed that if I placed an order, it would ship the same day. "Oh, sorry, we're mistaken, we're all out, but expect stock on Monday" Sure, same story.
Finally, I purchased a stylus replacement set for my Pocket PC Phone Edition. One, two, three weeks pass, no delivery, no update on availability or when it will ship.
The upshot of all this is that my credit card was charged immediately for each of the items I ordered.
Good retail isn't just a matter of throwing up a website and collecting money. Good retail is good value; meaning timely follow-through, clear and consistent communication and product as ordered. In 3 attemps, TeknToys has yet to meet any of the above.
As I mentioned, I think this site is excellent. I visit multiple times, daily. When TeknToys was mentioned as an affiliate, I immediately became a shopper, based on the recommendation. Needless to say, I've been disappointed. Once, OK. Twice, hmm, a pattern? Three times...enough.
Personally, I'm done, but I think other readers should know what' they're getting and you, as the editor, should know how your affiliate is representing you as an advocate.

So you are disappointed that we gave you accurate information before processing your transacting? I personally called the distribution center to find out before telling you that they were in stock and now this is what I get for being honest? I ask you did we take your order and then told you it wasn’t in stock or we told you before you placed the order? What did we do wrong? To all the readers please look at this;

Typical. I don't understand how you stay in business.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 1:22 PM
To: P
Subject: RE: Smartphone 2
It’s a good thing I checked with distribution! It looks like we are short one device. Our stock will not be shipping until Monday. I’m sorry about the miscommunication.

Todd

Sales Team - Tek 'n Toys Inc.
[email protected]
www.tekntoys.com
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 11:06 AM
To: Sales

If I purchase today, will it ship today?
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 12:59 PM
To:
P,

Yes, we only have one left until our shipment arrives tomorrow. Then we will have 26 units available to ship out.

Todd

Sales Team - Tek 'n Toys Inc.
[email protected]
www.tekntoys.com
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 10:01 AM
To: Sales
Subject: Smartphone 2

Hello.
Is the I-Mate Smartphone 2 in stock?
Thank you.
P
o:
c:

This is now nothing to do with TNT but me and pgb5 one on one. Buddy we have come a long way in the last little while due to the situations we have had in the past. Your original order was for a device that was held up in manufacturing and now shipping, second was for accessories that are not shipping, third I personally tell you the truth and you come on here to vent? Like I said in my PM to you I would have offered you a 5% promo but you were so rude in your email to us that I had second thoughts. Three strikes? We have had customers that have placed six (6) orders in the last two months and are very happy with our level of service. I’m sure that they would have stopped at one or two if we are as bad as you say here.

And as for privacy there has been no personal names or information leaked here. In Canada, as long as one side has knowledge that this is happening and no personal info is given publicly I have not broken the law.

Wait a minute??????

Did someone from T&T AGAIN post private consumer information?

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Hiding poor judgement and outright lying to the consumer behind "the laws of Canada" while promising confidentiality to the consumer is pathetic. This in unbelievable. :roll:

I highly recommend that anyone reading this thread NEVER order from this highy immoral/unorganized company.

EDIT - I should also note that after I made this post, a member of T&T sent me a harassing PM. I however won't post it here, because I value privacy unlike T&T.

JustinGTP
03-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Seriously!

I wish that a lot of the members would just drop this topic, that post on Pocket PC Passion has been dealt with for a long time now. All of these accusations and such can do nothing for Todd Werboski of Tek 'n Toys. Think before you speak and make sure what you are spreading is not lies of some angry and tired customer who just wants to blow things out of proportion.

If you were to be in his shoes, maybe you would understand the pressure and such that he has gone through - loosing the shipment and then being hounded by it on that long Pocket PC Passion site.

And if you read the thread in the Pocket PC Pone Edition on this forum board, you can see for yourself the pure effort that has been made to fix things up. I would suggest you read it: Here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24299)

Also in regards to the harassing PM from Tech 'n Toys - how can you be certain that someone has just made up an account and started to pretend that they were from Tech 'n Toys. Judging from the attitude and animosity towards Tech 'n Toys over this whole thing, I wouldn't in the least be surprised.

And in my defense, no I am not moderating or telling you guys what to do, neither am I a part of Tech 'n Toys brought here to defend them - but at least stop the gossip. That was so grade 8.

-Justin.

Ben Stark
03-05-2004, 05:08 AM
The harassing PM's continue even after I posted about it in this thread and asked them to stop through PM. Please, stop harassing me T&T!

Is there a way to block PM's from individual users?

Steven Cedrone
03-05-2004, 05:15 AM
The harassing PM's continue even after I posted about it in this thread and asked them to stop through PM. Please, stop harassing me T&T!

PM me, I'll take care of it!

Steve

Dave Potter
03-05-2004, 04:27 PM

Forgive me if I am skeptical... how do we know the messages are actually from T&T??? Based on my POSITIVE experiences with T&T - I seriously doubt that they would be harassing you.