View Full Version : It's a good day

freakygreek
03-05-2004, 03:45 AM
Just like to inform everyone that today I recieved a promotion at work. Soon I'll be starting my training inorder to work in the C.T suite so wish me luck.

Peter

Roosterman
03-05-2004, 03:51 AM
Congrats and good luck with your training with C.T. suite. By the way, what is it. :oops:

JustinGTP
03-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Yay! Congratulations!

-Justin.

Steven Cedrone
03-05-2004, 04:26 AM
Good luck and congratulations!

Steve

freakygreek
03-05-2004, 04:33 AM
I'm not sure if I mentioned in my profile but I work in the medical field as a X-Ray technologist. C.T stands for Computerized Tomography or most commonly known as Cat Scan. When a patient has a cat scan the images appear as a slice thus allowing the doctors to visualize soft tissue structures such as the brain, lungs, liver ect... . With the help of special dyes that we inject the patients with we can also see blood vessals helping us find tumors in the brain,liver and so forth.

I hope that answered your question.

Cheers

arnage2
03-05-2004, 04:55 AM
my grandpa hated those. He said they were too enclosed, and hated going to them. He later tried the open mri (cat scan). The nurse told to him to relax. He did relax, so much that he fell asleep.

good luck with your job.

Jason Dunn
03-05-2004, 05:20 AM
Good luck with the new job!

Jimmy Dodd
03-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Cool. So what kind of CT device will you be working with? I ask because the company I work for makes PET scanners and PET/CT scanners.

freakygreek
03-06-2004, 12:04 AM
The scanner is a GE lightspeed plus. I'm not to sure what the exact model number is. I'll also be using a Toshiba for Angiograms.

Cheers

David Prahl
03-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Congrats!

I had a CT scan when I was in about second or third grade. Painless and not stressful. I'm sure today's machines and methods are that much more comfortable and accurate.

In case anyone cares
I had the scan done because I had been suffering frequent migrane headaches, so many that I'd have to leave class to rest almost every day. We never did find out what was going on - the headaches stopped within a year or two. But I do have quite the high IQ now... :mrgreen:

Godsongz
03-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Good goin' freakygreek! Hope you love the new job

Kevin C. Tofel
03-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Best of luck on the new job. Maybe someday we'll have the little handheld "thimbles" they used on Star Trek to scan folks....I could see a nice little PPC interface to read the results.....hmmm.....pt, what can you cook up????

Good luck and congrats!
KCT

Jimmy Dodd
03-08-2004, 03:28 PM
The scanner is a GE lightspeed plus. I'm not to sure what the exact model number is. I'll also be using a Toshiba for Angiograms.

Cheers

Ah, the competition. :wink:

Our PET/CT scanners (which obviously merge a PET scanner with a CT scanner) are a somewhat different beast than a vanilla CT scanner. It can give a lot more information which I won't bore everyone with now. GE makes a dual PET/CT scanner as well, I believe.