View Full Version : reg editor

lerakd
03-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Many sites have recommended using phm reg editor. I have downloaded it, and commenced installation. All seems to proceed properly, except nothing appears on my iPaq (3970). When the installation screen appears, after download and extraction, the PHM editor does not appear as a program to be installed.
Any idea?
lerakd

Wiggin
03-04-2004, 08:18 PM
PHM has a number of different versions of the Reg Editor, each targeted at a different platform (PPC 2002 Arm, 2003, Smartphone, HHPC, etc.). The first suggestion would be to make sure you are downloading the correct version. The page where you can find all of the available versions is HERE (http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3})

The second observation is that your post implies you are trying to install via your PC and ActiveSync. I believe you will receive a CAB file from the PHM site, which is not installed via your PC. Copy the CAB file directly to your PPC, and then execute the file on the PPC...the install should then occur as expected.
Hope that helps.
:way to go:

powder2000
03-04-2004, 08:49 PM
I can't recall what program it was but I have had a few that installed but didn't put a shortcut in the start menu or programs folder. You may have to go to programs and see if its there and create a shortcut manually.