View Full Version : How to get rid of a password - help~

amringer
03-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Hello. I'm beginning to using the pocket pc (HP 5550) in my classroom and I have one that a student used, put on the fingerprint password, and I can't get a hold of the kid to get it off. I was told I could hard-reset the pc, but when i tried, it didn't take off the password. Is there any way I can do this? I was told to hard reset it, I needed to hold the 1st and 2nd (top) buttons along with the soft reset button. Any suggestions??????

dhettel
03-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Turn on the device, at the password screen tap OK, do this 6 or 7 times. Each time you do it you will get a screen that says you entered the wrong password. About half way through you will get a password hint. You will then get a screen that will offer you a full reset. Chose the full reset. All data store on the device will be lost. But the password and fingerprint data will be erased.

amringer
03-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks! I did that and tapped the full reset. Now it's asking me to do a full reset and I've tried the combo of button pushes and I get the same screen. How do I do this full reset?

Thanks again for your help!
Anne

dhettel
03-04-2004, 08:43 PM
First remove anything attached to the iPAQ. No sleeves, no AC adapter.
Then press and hold the Calendar and iTask buttons. That is the lower button on the left and right sides. (Buttons 1 and 4). While holding these two buttons press the reset button on the bottom, hold all three buttons in for ten seconds.

Press the power button, the unit should not turn on.

Plug it into the dock, it should now turn on, and set up the partnership.

amringer
03-04-2004, 09:46 PM
It worked! Thank you so much for your help!

dhettel
03-04-2004, 11:30 PM
:D Well I am glad to be of some small help to you.