View Full Version : Need expert help , a few questions

Trimac20
03-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I don't know why my PPC bas so recently plagued by so many problems lately. Ah well :cry:

Firstly, how do I get rid of old program icons in the 'Program Window?' I've already deleted the actual program but the icon stubbornly remains: often as the generic 'program icon.' Annoyingly, there is no way to delete it using the tap-hold method. So is there any way of getting rid of the unsightly icons?
Secondly, I am having trouble using Noviiremote. If you're not familiar with it, its an infrared Universal Control. I've already installed the full version, but whenever I 'press' a button it will immediately freeze requiring a soft-reset (the PPC cannot be turned off).
And finally, today when I tried recording on the memory card a message came up saying 'No memory available on memory card, go to file explorer and delete files.etc and try again.' I have 78MB of memory left on my SD Card, and the file I am trying to save (in ipaq) is a mere 2MB.
Strangely, there is no problem when I save it in a different folder.
Also, whenever I open up. Thanks alot for your time and trouble.

c38b2
03-04-2004, 12:47 PM
In the file explorer, go to Windows>Start Menu>Programs and delete the icons from there.

Andy Whiteford
03-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Are you trying to save to a Sandisk SD card? They have known issues with reporting incorrect free space. You could try copying the files off the card to your desktop, format the card and then copy the files back on - this may help out.

Steven Cedrone
03-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Firstly, how do I get rid of old program icons in the 'Program Window?' I've already deleted the actual program but the icon stubbornly remains: often as the generic 'program icon.' Annoyingly, there is no way to delete it using the tap-hold method. So is there any way of getting rid of the unsightly icons?

If you don't mind me asking: what program was it that left the icon undelete-able?

Steve

Wiggster
03-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Secondly, I am having trouble using Noviiremote. If you're not familiar with it, its an infrared Universal Control. I've already installed the full version, but whenever I 'press' a button it will immediately freeze requiring a soft-reset (the PPC cannot be turned off).

According to the NoviiMedia website (http://www.novii.tv/products/noviir/srr/recwince/), it's for Windows CE 3.0 or Pocket PC 2002. Was the trial version doing this as well?