View Full Version : I'm so proud!

Mitch D
03-04-2004, 02:30 AM
My 12 year old son, whom till this moment has never expressed an interest in two things (females & PDAs), just came to me and told me he wants a PDA to keep girls numbers in!

He had even gone so far as to track down my old Handspring Visor, found batteries and tested it to make sure it worked before bringing it to me and asking if he could have it! (Yes I gave it to him and yes I know it's not a PPC).. 8)

:cry: Sniff... Sniff... Sniff

I'm so proud!!! Girls and Gadgets! It's enough to make a father proud! :way to go:

If he takes care of it I will have to buy him a PPC for his b-day this summer.

dean_shan
03-04-2004, 02:47 AM
:clap: Nice. You'll have to let us know how he does with the palm. And get him a PPC ASAP. Girls are more impressed by that then a monocrome palm.

c38b2
03-04-2004, 02:54 AM
Gah! When I turned 13 I took all my birthday money and took the biggest plunge that I had ever taken: I bought my first PDA; a Palm m100 for $150. You don't just buy someone a PPC... make them earn it or at the very least spend birthday money on it! :wink:

Mitch D
03-04-2004, 03:10 AM
He's a good kid, I will keep an eyeon him to see how he does with this one and how is grades are... Might by him a Toshiba

arnage2
03-04-2004, 03:15 AM
I got my first pda for my 13th birthday. (i have never used my pdas as a pim) A $200 visor deluxe. It sucks now compared to my toshiba, but was a nice start. He will certainly get more attention with a color ppc. (with a movie or 2 on it)

Mitch D
03-04-2004, 03:19 AM
I got my first pda for my 13th birthday. (i have never used my pdas as a pim) A $200 visor deluxe. It sucks now compared to my toshiba, but was a nice start. He will certainly get more attention with a color ppc. (with a movie or 2 on it)

Actually it is a Handspring Visor Dlx that he just got from me... Guess it was a starting point for more than one youngster eh?

c38b2
03-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Don't overdo it though - I have been envyed a bit because of my PPC... which leads to animosity and potentially theft. There is a delicate balance that you need to find. Starting out with the Visor is probably better than showing up one day with a multi-hundred dollar PPC. You have to ease the classmates in. :wink:

Jeff Rutledge
03-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Ahhhh, it brings a tear to your eyes doesn't it? My son has a little ways to go yet (he's 13 weeks on Monday...not 13 years), but I'm confident he'll join the club in good time. 8)

Pat Logsdon
03-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Ahhhh, it brings a tear to your eyes doesn't it? My son has a little ways to go yet (he's 13 weeks on Monday...not 13 years), but I'm confident he'll join the club in good time. 8)
I've got a Casio e-10 that'd be great as Baby's First Pocket PC. AAA batteries, green backlight, no sharp edges. If nothing else, it'd be fun to gnaw on. :wink:

JustinGTP
03-04-2004, 05:33 AM

Look forwards to seeing him at the PPC Group Meeting in Calgary, ohh, in about what, 15 years? :lol:

SHoTTa35
03-04-2004, 05:46 AM
ooh... back in the days... Philips Nino 300.. Monochrome, 8MB of ram... oh those were the days.. LOL

Jeff Rutledge
03-04-2004, 06:14 AM

Look forwards to seeing him at the PPC Group Meeting in Calgary, ohh, in about what, 15 years? :lol:

Even quicker! He'll be chairing them before he's 12. :lol:

Mitch D
03-04-2004, 06:16 AM

Give JR a few more months and we'll be seeing the little one at the meetings :wink: JR jr's will skip Mom & Dad as his first words, they'll be something like "PocketPC Forever".

Only kidding JR...

Jeff Rutledge
03-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Give JR a few more months and we'll be seeing the little one at the meetings :wink: JR jr's will skip Mom & Dad as his first words, they'll be something like "PocketPC Forever".

Only kidding JR...

Actually “iPAQ” would be a pretty easy word for the little guy to say. :mrgreen:

JessicaBrillian
03-04-2004, 09:15 PM
wow! ppc at 13? :D. nice! 8O .

jessica