View Full Version : program to format SD card?

binstpa
03-03-2004, 09:31 PM
I was looking around for programs to format SD cards (while in the ppc) and found a few - the best looks like pocket mechanic.

I want to copy all of the files of the SD card and do a format to wipe it completely clean of all files - hidden or otherwise. Does pocket mechanic do this, if not are there other programs that do this?

What is the best program to do this type of stuff, and is there a freeware program out there?

Jason Dunn
03-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Do you have a memory card reader for your desktop PC? If so, using Windows XP to format the card is probably the best way to do this.

scargill
03-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Or the latest version of Resco (http://www.resco-net.com/homepage.asp) has the ability to format SD cards.
Its not freeware, but its definitly worth buying

binstpa
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
I don't have a SD reader in my desktop or laptop.

Would it be worth it to buy resco over pocket mechanic or a progam that focuses on this. I don't know what else I will use pocket mechanic for so it might be a waste of money.

Also, I have advanced explorer on my device (I got it when it was free) and it seems to do everything I need in terms of a file explorer.

bmhome1
03-04-2004, 01:49 AM
If you’re interested in SD card speed performance optimizing, Pocket Mechanic offers many options for cluster and sector sizing for specific usage needs. The card speed benchmark tests are very handy also.