View Full Version : PPC synch with Groupwise

Iznot Gold
03-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way of synching a PPC with Groupwise. I understand that Pumatech Intellisynch will do it like activ synch but at work I log on using different PCs at different locations. Is there an easy remote sych solution? I mainly need to sych my calendar, I can use web to access email.

Regards
David

xbalance
03-03-2004, 04:04 PM
My employer uses Groupwise :silly:

I know nothing about remote, I assume you are looking for Web Based synching, but just in case this information is helpful.

I used Intellisync for a long time and lived with the limitations. The biggest limitation I notied was having to manually initiate every sync, and that meant my PC and PPC were more often than not out of sync.

I then learned that with GW 6.5 and Outlook XP I can have both live on the same computer. I uninstalled GW. I then installed Outlook XP and then re-installed GW and almost all of my synching is working through ActiveSync. My contacts do not sync, but I can use Intellisync for contacts if I need to. But since my contacts are rather static that is not such an issue for me. Having my calendar sync automatically is the biggest benefit I have experienced.

Of course, if you are not allowed to install Outlook on the computer due to company policy, then Intellisync is probably your best bet.

JvanEkris
03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
On the Novell website, there is a plugin for Groupwise. This way Groupwise is linked to outlook as it's main calander. Used it for three years with a lot of fun.......

Jaap