View Full Version : Spb Imageer 1.1 Released - With VGA Support!

Janak Parekh
03-01-2004, 11:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/imageer/?en' target='_blank'>http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pro...cts/imageer/?en</a><br /><br /></div>Spb has quickly released an update to Imageer. There are some bug fixes, but more importantly, e805 users get full 480x640 support, including the ability to view slideshows at that resolution. The update is free and can be installed on top of the existing version.<br /><br />I haven't had time to install it on my e805, but if anyone else has, let us know in this thread how it works! 8) <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php">Subscribers</a> can also save 25% off the retail price by using the coupon on the <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php">discounts page</a>.

jkendrick
03-01-2004, 11:35 PM
I've been using it for a week and the slide show problem has been completely fixed. It's really sweet.

Jason Dunn
03-01-2004, 11:42 PM
I've been using it for a week and the slide show problem has been completely fixed. It's really sweet.

You forgot to mention that you've been using it on your e805 and it's in VGA mode. :wink:

Sincerely,

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

jkendrick
03-02-2004, 12:09 AM
What Jason said. :D Program works great in both portrait AND landscape. In VGA. To tell you the truth I've never tried Imageer in QVGA.

l0o5er
03-02-2004, 01:09 AM
seems to have "screensaver" capability. Jason, how do you configure this (ie. set what folder/album you want it to cycle through)

T-Will
03-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Perfect timing! I was just going to register tonight and lo and behold I find that 1.1 is released! :)

Ben Stark
03-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Can you edit the filesize of a pic with it? I need a PPC program that can take an image and "Save it for the web" like Photoshop. Anyone?

jkendrick
03-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Imageer has full image editing tools, resize, redeye reduction, crop, etc.

Ben Stark
03-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Thanks! I just bought it. Finally I can take a screen shot on my PPC and post it without having to go to the desktop! :mrgreen:

Jason Dunn
03-02-2004, 06:05 PM
seems to have "screensaver" capability. Jason, how do you configure this (ie. set what folder/album you want it to cycle through)

I double-checked with our developers, in case they added a new feature that I wasn't aware of, and I'm afraid no one knows what you're talking about. ;-) Are you thinking of the slideshow feature perhaps? That needs to be started manually. Automatic slideshow functionality is on our list of things to consider for future versions though!

Sincerely,

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

l0o5er
03-02-2004, 09:24 PM

I double-checked with our developers, in case they added a new feature that I wasn't aware of, and I'm afraid no one knows what you're talking about. ;-) Are you thinking of the slideshow feature perhaps? That needs to be started manually. Automatic slideshow functionality is on our list of things to consider for future versions though!

{sheepish grin} I worked out what's happening. The "Pictures" application that was pre-installed on my Ipaq 5450 has a "slideshow when docked" feature that I've never used. When I upgraded to Imageer 1.1 it copied sample images into the \my documents\my pictures folder where previously no images had existed (that I hadn't already deleted). So all of a sudden this screensaver starts up shortly after installing Imageer & I thought "yay - I've been waiting for Spb to put this feature in".

And still looking forward to the feature as part of Imageer - the Pictures app doesn't seem to allow configuration of folder to read from which is important to me as I have all my media on a SD card.

T-Will
03-11-2004, 01:04 AM
I've been having a problem lately getting to the Fotki.com web site on my Pocket PC, the site starts to load then PIE just quits. Has anyone else had this problem lately? Did Fotki change something on their site that's causing this? :?

BTW, I didnt' even realize that MS's built-in Pictures program has a built-in screensaver, cool! :)