View Full Version : Today Calendar Plugins

hoffm11
03-01-2004, 04:00 PM
I am looking to get a calendar plugin for my Today screen? I have pocket informant as my PIM. Any suggestions?

bljarv
03-01-2004, 04:51 PM
You might consider the pocket informant today plugin (http://www.pitoday.de.vu/)(not from WebiIS). Price is $10 - which I think's a little much, but it's pretty good.

Mark Kenepp
03-01-2004, 06:52 PM
I second a recommendation for PIToday (http://www.pitoday.de.vu/). :rock on dude!:

There is a demo available so give it a try.

ucfgrad93
03-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I use Calendar+ you can find it at www.mohairsofa.com

hoffm11
03-01-2004, 08:19 PM

Do you happen to use any task managers in addition to Cal+? I tried to use a free task manager and the today screen had a hard time displaying both of them. I also notice that cal+ doesn't update right away.

Ripper014
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Now that the Today Plus expiry date has been removed from the program... it is a very good option if you have the time to tweak it for your preferences... if not you can always use one of the available skin's that have been made available...

hoffm11
03-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Now that the Today Plus expiry date has been removed from the program... it is a very good option if you have the time to tweak it for your preferences... if not you can always use one of the available skin's that have been made available...

Today plus? Are you referring to calendar+?

ucfgrad93
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM

Do you happen to use any task managers in addition to Cal+? I tried to use a free task manager and the today screen had a hard time displaying both of them. I also notice that cal+ doesn't update right away.

Yes, I use Quicktasks by www.scarybearsoftware. I love it. I have noticed a lag using Calendar+ but for me it is an acceptable delay.

Andy Whiteford
03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
tAgenda is my plugin of choice and it's free. :)

Ripper014
03-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Nope I mean Today Plus... their board is currently down or I would point you to it... But the program allows you to do pretty much what what you want... from Weather, RSS Feeds, Launcher, Poom Functions, World Clocks, Utility Monitor.. and more...

You just need to decide what you need on your Today Screen... the only thing is to personalize it you will need to write your own skin... and maybe config file depending on which version you use...

But there are several available skins that have been made available for those that are happy with with these then you don't need to go the extra mile...

elm
03-02-2004, 12:55 PM
I Also use calender+ with wisebar adv. with no problems.
i think that Cal+ is one of the best plugins to the today screen.

elm