View Full Version : deleting files

Trimac20
03-01-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't know whether this is the right place to post my question, but anyway... My question is,, is there anyway to delete files. ie Word files, notes.etc (not including programs/apps) on the Pocket PC? Of course I can delete files via activesync, but I want to directly delete files on my Pocket PC. How could hp have overlooked something so obvious?

If anyone knows of a way or program to delete files plz tell me about it. Thanks alot.

arnage2
03-01-2004, 01:35 PM
search around for it in file explorer. (example: my documents) Hold tap on it and select delete.

SHoTTa35
03-01-2004, 03:43 PM
remember when you first setup your PPC you did that walk thru? It's called Tap & hold to get the "right click" menu and that's where delete is...

Trimac20
03-03-2004, 06:43 AM
what an idiot i am I've been using if for over a month and still never knew of that function. Anyway, thanks for your help.

disconnected
03-03-2004, 05:32 PM
As a last resort, most apps, including the built-in ones, have a help section, although it's not always obvious. If you're in an app with no visible help option, file-explorer for example, tap the little windows icon at the top left of the screen, and then tap 'help' on the menu screen. It brings up the help section for the app you're in; the file-explorer help section tells you how to delete files, among other things.