View Full Version : song file corrupttion

Trimac20
03-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Yesterday when I tried to open several songs on my playlist in Windows Media Player, I realised to my horror they were unplayable and whenever I tried to open a track it would skip to the next track or a later track. Ie. if I tried to play track 7 it would play track 10.etc. This, not surprisingly started after a period of instability in the OS. The PPC would freeze often (it hardly ever did that before), or else be extremely sluggish (I admit I continually soft-reseted the device).
Anyway, is there a possibility the files are corrupted? Well, I'll delete the tracks and re-save them onto the SD Card (a 256MB Sandisk card). Just wanted to ensure there wasn't any serious problem.

arnage2
03-01-2004, 01:36 PM
reload the tracks to the card via wmp desktop. Transfer it to mobile device, and they should work. It has nothing to do with the os, but rather wmp and the card, and the songs themselves.

Trimac20
03-05-2004, 06:36 AM
I now strongly suspect, no in fact am certain the SD Card is at fault. I deleted my entire old playlist, laboriously compiled a new playlist (having to rip a selection from my CD collection) of over 60 songs. They worked fine until this morning when I opened up the playlist and realised..they were unplayable! In fact the entire list had turned grey indicating the file was missing. Indeed, on closer investigation I realised the folder in my SD card containing the songs was gone! How it deleted itself is a mystery! And that is not all, several programs saved on the SD Card once working fine were also gone. If you can help me please read my post in the 'Ipaq Pocket PCs' section. Thanks.