View Full Version : wifi cf card and ipaq 2215

akirasprt
02-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Does anybody know the battery life of the 2215 while using a wifi cf card? I'm already guessing that it'll last less then 1.5 hrs since it only has a 900 mAh battery.

Anthony Caruana
02-28-2004, 03:06 AM
Does anybody know the battery life of the 2215 while using a wifi cf card? I'm already guessing that it'll last less then 1.5 hrs since it only has a 900 mAh battery.

Pretty broad assumption as different CF WiFi cards suck differing amounts of juice.

I'm using a Socket Low Power WiFi Card (the old version, not the new one) and I can easily run for a couple of hours. On the other hand, I had a DLink CF card that i used with an adapter and I rarely got more than an hour before the tank was drained.

Take a look at Chris De Herrera's awesome FAQ (http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/cfwirelesslan.htm) on this stuff. He has power consumption details for most CF WiFI cards.

arnage2
02-28-2004, 07:47 PM
the sandisk wifi cf card w.out memory got me about 2 hrs.

Frantic Ferret
03-01-2004, 04:03 PM
I've never ran mine all the way down, so I don't have a total time.Using a Symbol card with the new drivers on my 2215 to do just standard browsing (no streaming) for around an hour got me down to 80%. I had backlighting pretty far down and was loding pages maybe every minute or so.