View Full Version : Dell updates UK site with X3 Bluetooth model

Jonathon Watkins
02-27-2004, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/axim_x3_wireless?c=uk&l=en&s=pad' target='_blank'>http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p...c=uk&l=en&s=pad</a><br /><br /></div>Short and Sweet – Philip Colmer sends word that Dell have updated their site to include details of the Bluetooth enhanced Axim X3 Wireless model, which costs £269.08 (incl. VAT). The spec now reads “Integrated 802.11b Wireless LAN, Bluetooth and Consumer IrDA.”. More is good, we like more!<br /><br />Oh – and if you decide to get one, don’t forget to add the optional Socket Bluetooth Wireless Card (SDIO), a snip at £78. :wink: Double Bluetooth! (Or should that be Blueteeth?) :lol: <br /><br />Updating websites - don't you just love it? :idea:

jlp
02-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh – and if you decide to get one, don’t forget to add the optional Socket Bluetooth Wireless Card (SDIO), a snip at £78. :wink: Double Bluetooth! (Or should that be Blueteeth?) :lol:

And remember that Dell recommends Windows XP Professional for your device :lol:

jlp
02-27-2004, 07:19 PM
The Bluetoothed X3i is also available here in tiny Switzerland.

But not on the US site, tho.

Guess that the thought that BT is not so ppopular in the US has much to do with this.

Note that the UK and Swiss price are around $150 over the US X3i one :evil:

BTW where is the X7? I'd guess it would integrate GSM/GPRS along with BT & Wi-Fi?! Hope Dell still kept the CF+SD slots tho, or else I'll stay with my X5; you can still find CF cards that are much faster and half priced than SD with same capacity and max capacity is still 16-24 times that of SD 0X.

Jonathon Watkins
02-27-2004, 07:32 PM
....and if you make your way back to the front page, you will see David Prahl's excellent review of the (non BT) X3. Well worth your persual.

Christian
02-27-2004, 07:51 PM
And remember that Dell recommends Windows XP Professional for your device :lol:
Windows XP Professional is necessary to connect any device to itself via Bluetooth. But the Infinite Bluetooth loop thus created is well worth the upgrade. :wink:

Kowalski
02-27-2004, 09:16 PM
now this device is a strong alternative to 4155, and in my opinion even better. x3 has all the specs identical, plus more rom and newer cpu
i wish i had this device

Iznot Gold
02-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Interesting decision to be made X3i or 4150 for £20 less at Expansys!
David

spacerace
02-28-2004, 11:40 AM
what a pain - having bought an x3i about 3 weeks ago ....!

I knew something was up as the plastic WiFi aerial cover also shows the Bluetooth logo.

Anthony Caruana
02-28-2004, 02:11 PM
now this device is a strong alternative to 4155, and in my opinion even better. x3 has all the specs identical, plus more rom and newer cpu
i wish i had this device

I've had opportunity to play with both these devices and if I was about to outlay some money I'd take the ipaq. The big difference is in the handleability. The ipaq feels nice in the hand. The Dell feels like a slab.

Jonathon Watkins
02-28-2004, 03:23 PM
what a pain - having bought an x3i about 3 weeks ago ....!

Is it worth seeing of you can return it? You are outside the distance selling directive timescale, but it could be worth a go.