View Full Version : www.Live365.com any one have any luck using this with PPC?

rugerx
02-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Hi all, just curious if anyone has had luck using this music streaming radio website with their PPC via WIFI?

I can get to the website on my PPC, and the page I get to is even customized for PPC use, but I cannot get it to play.

Just curious if anyone else is using it.

MagicConch
02-26-2004, 05:01 AM
I have been working on it and found a solution that works for me.

There was a setting somewhere (on the live365 website) that asks where you want your live365 stream played and one choice was your mp3 player (this is on your computer) which is what I picked (recommended choice was their pop up player) The popup still comes up but when I hit play on the pop up it brings up winamp which is playing the stream. Then I save playlist in winamp and play it on my iPaq. Currently GS Player, Pocket Player, Pocket MVP play these files (and shoutcast files).

The negative of this method is you have to select your stations in advance (ie cannot browse stations on your handheld). However this is the only way I could get it to work easily

Shoutcast will work straight from the browser.

that_kid
02-26-2004, 05:36 AM
gsplayer (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/index.htm), it will play live 365 and shoutcast streams. I listen to them all the time.

Aerestis
02-26-2004, 08:21 AM
I'm sick with jealousy...

jcsickz
02-26-2004, 01:24 PM
how is streaming audio quality with t-mobile gprs?