View Full Version : Good IMAP Client For WM2003

Jacob
02-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know if there's a good IMAP client for the PPC?

I would need a client that can handle reading emails from the various folders on my account.

The only one that seems to have this kind of support is $60, and that's a little more than I'd like to pay for that.

The built in inbox doesn't seem to bring down messages that are in folders.

Anyone know of something that would help?

Janak Parekh
02-24-2004, 12:18 AM
The built in inbox doesn't seem to bring down messages that are in folders.
Sure it can. Go to Tools => Manage Folders. I agree that Inbox has many limitations, but not this one. ;)

--janak

Jacob
02-24-2004, 12:24 AM
OoOoops!! :oops:

Didn't see that option for some reason. I did think it was odd that all the folders were shown, but no emails in them.

Janak Parekh
02-24-2004, 02:48 AM
It's actually not that obvious. It took me forever to find it too.

--janak

spacerace
02-24-2004, 09:19 PM
The only one that seems to have this kind of support is $60, and that's a little more than I'd like to pay for that.

which client is this ? i have seen very few decent wm2003 imap clients and am still looking for a decent one. have tried the beta of webis mail, but too unstable for every day use yet.

Jacob
02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
The one I saw was IMAP Force (http://www.ppc4all.com/appdetail.php?id=153).

I haven't tried it at all though.

WebIS Mail looks alright(read: better than the built in app).

I'll have to keep an eye on that.

spacerace
02-24-2004, 11:00 PM
WebIS Mail looks alright(read: better than the built in app).

I'll have to keep an eye on that.

thanks will check imap force out.

there's a discussion thread on the wm2003 beta of webis mail here http://www.pocketinformant.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2332 which details bugs etc and also gives the download location if you want to give it a try.

spacerace
02-25-2004, 10:43 AM
mmm seems IMAP force is a CE only client, though they do have a Beta available for PPC and PPC2002 users. I couldn't see anywhere to download the beta and am not sure if it would work for WM2003 anyway.

scratch this from the list for now, but I'll keep an eye on it for when a compatible version is released...