View Full Version : Symbol CF & 2210

davenicholls
02-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Since moving from an HP 568 to a new 2210 I've had an annoying issue with my Symbol CF WiFi card. Basically the card works fine in all circumstances, apart from after a soft reset. After resetting the 2210 the card simply isn't seen, the problem can be solved by removing and reinserting it. This problem didn't occur with my 568.

I've tried both the Socket drivers and the newly released Symbol ones, they both behave the same way.

Has anyone else come aross this? Or are there any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

Thanks

Dave

Anthony Caruana
02-23-2004, 01:37 PM
SAme happens to me with my 2210 and Socket card

davenicholls
02-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I suppose that makes me a bit happier. I was concerned that there was an issue with my 2210, but I can live with it as a general annoyance. I've since tried my only other non-memory CF card (a Margi Presenter to Go) which restarts perfectly after a reset. My Symbol card is quite old and I wondered whether it was starting up too slowly for the 2210, is your Socket card the old model?

Dave

Anthony Caruana
02-24-2004, 05:53 AM
Yep - I've got ye olde fashioned Socket card. Still works well. I had a little play with the new Symbol driver last night and it seems to work with the Socket card. Gives some nice features.

However, I went back to the Socket driver just cos I'm chicken and I need my card to work reliably.