View Full Version : Wireless network gone from iPaq?

spawn_x
02-22-2004, 07:46 PM
the WiFi seems to have disappeared from my ipaq out of nowhere :? tried to connect to my home network and it came up with the "To connect to either the Internet or work, set up a new connection in Settings.

Go to Settings, nothing there (relating to wifi), go to advanced, network card, select the ipaq wireless, gives me a message "the next time the adapter is used it will have the new settings. If the adapter is currently in the device you can remove it and re-insert the adapter to have the changes take affect". but nothing happens.

tried soft reset, nothing.. don't want to do a hard reset yet..

What gives? Did something just get corrupted?

I have an h4150 by the way..

Thanks. :?

spawn_x
02-22-2004, 08:22 PM
did a hard reset and no luck..

i've only had the ipaq for about 2 weeks now, and was able to set up this wireless thing in a few minutes initially, now for the life of me i can't find the same "screens" of the setup.. there was a "WI-FI ON" but i can't find it now..

:?

Dave Beauvais
02-22-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, but are you looking for this?

http://www.beauvais1.com/images/ppc/ipaq_wireless.gif

It's called the Wireless Control app and is usually found in a folder on the Start menu called "iPAQ Wireless." The icon is named "iPAQ Wireless," too. I'm not sure if the h4100 series works the same was as my WM2003 upgraded h5455, but after a soft reset, I have to use this application to turn on the wireless adapter for the first time.

spawn_x
02-23-2004, 03:35 AM
well it seems to be working now..

weird.. go figure