View Full Version : Outline Template: ListPro Users

Lex
02-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Hey ListPro Users:

I've had the app for < 1 week. I use outlining for meeting notes.

Is there a way to make an outline template so that lines can be edited in place or do you find it just as simple to enter outline items one by one the standard way in ListPro.

I figure even if I create 10 lines of just auto-numbered periods such as:

1. .
2. .
3. .

I'll still have to remove the dot to edit in place. In place editing is a feature of the best outliners in the Palm world. (Just gave up on Streamliner as it failed on me last week and lost 2 hours of meeting notes.)

Thanks !

Pony99CA
02-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Is there a way to make an outline template so that lines can be edited in place or do you find it just as simple to enter outline items one by one the standard way in ListPro.

I figure even if I create 10 lines of just auto-numbered periods such as:

1. .
2. .
3. .

I'll still have to remove the dot to edit in place. In place editing is a feature of the best outliners in the Palm world.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. ListPro has edit-in-place capability. In the view where you see your list items, tap-and-hold an item and select Edit In Place. Voila!

If you want to add new items like that, click the Edit menu, then Insert New Item and you can add an item directly in the list.

In both cases, you can move from field to field with the Tab key.

Steve

Lex
02-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Here's a better way to put it:

I've found outlining works better for me when I can visualize the points above the one I'm entering.

ListPro seems to require that you leave the view of the 'points above' to go to the text entry area and when you finish entering text for that point you go back to the whole outline view.

It would be nice if there were some way to set up a template so you could enter text in place so you never have to leave the view of the whole outline.

One way to accomplish it is to set up lines in advance on a template containing only one character. While outlining you'd just have to back that character out then make your note in place.

I'm fishing to see if that's practical or do most experienced users just enter their 'points' the standard ListPro text entry way.

Thanks.