View Full Version : Where is my bluetooth serial port

jdinesen
02-22-2004, 08:07 AM
Hi there,

I have a ipaq h5450, win2003 and just bought myself a TomTom Wireless GPS.

Trying to install it I ran into a problem. When I try to configure TomTom Navigator to use the TomTom Wireless on Bluetooth Serial Port COM8 the port is not there!

The devices I have are is Serial cable on COM0, COM3, Serial cable on COM6, Native IR, USB cable and serial cable on COM1.

When I go into BT manager I can discover the TT device , pair to it and establish a connection (no data flow, though). But still I don't see it in TTN.

I have tried these options:
- hard reset followed immediately by installation of TTN and their newest GPS driver
- hard reset followed immediately by installation of HP's bluetooth update and then TTN and their newest GPS driver

Nothing seems to work.

I used to use the Ipag with my SonyEricsson T610 over bluetooth, but I guess it uses dial up networking over port COM1.

Anyone who has any ideas? It's really driving me mad...

Jesper Grønlund Dinesen

schmenge
02-22-2004, 01:44 PM
On my W98 machine I open Bluetooth places and start the Bluetooth Setup Wizard. I then select "I want to configure the BT Services that this computer will provide to remote devices." After that I choose to provide the serial port and follow the prompts.

Pat Logsdon
02-22-2004, 08:07 PM
This thread (http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6457) over at gpspassion.com mentions a problem with the TomTom driver. The solution looks like it might work...

(Whoo! 1000th post! It's a mobile forum post as well! 8) )

jdinesen
02-22-2004, 09:23 PM
I have already tried the TT 2.09 driver, but it doesn't show the BT serial porrt either. Is it the ipaq?

Jesper

Pat Logsdon
02-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I have already tried the TT 2.09 driver, but it doesn't show the BT serial porrt either. Is it the ipaq?

Did you try the steps in the last post in that thread? My thought is that you might be able to "reset" the driver so you can see/use additional ports.

jdinesen
02-23-2004, 07:35 AM
I have tried the last steps yes. All this brings me is that I am not able to tell TTN what GPS device and port I want to use and that GPS therefore is disabled. I can (as before) create the bluetooth serial connection to the receiver in BT manager but TTN can't see it.

Thanks for the effort though.

Jesper